Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grocery Badge





I was a Brownie in elementary school. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the younger form of Girl Scouts. In Jamaica (where I lived at the time), under the British system of Girl Scouts, girls were Brownies until high school (7th grade in the US).

If I were still a Brownie, today I would have earned my grocery badge. Why you ask? Well, I took both kiddos to the grocery store for the first time! Major milestone here. I do realize two things. First, most of you take 15 kids (ok, maybe three or four!) to the grocery store successfully every week. Second, some of you (Hollie!!) fly around the world solo with your toddlers (and believe me, THAT deserves whatever the highest honor the Brownies doles out!). But for me, this marked a new era in our lives—no more late-night grocery runs!! {Except for coconut milk ice-cream cravings that is...}

I will admit I did pack a few snacks for the Jack monster and Little Creature (Chloe) was a perfect angel. Jack helped load and unload the groceries. And we sang and talked and counted all sorts of things. And suddenly, two kids at a grocery store didn't seem so bad.

We might even do it again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment